Friday 6 June 2008

A new song...

I learned a new song in a church service a year or so ago. As you might expect it took me a while to pick it up. It had a strong rythym and the melody was quite simple, but it was the lyrics I was having most trouble with. After a while I picked it up and soon my voice was resonating with the others in the room as we expressed our faith in song. To be honest Im not quite sure what we were singing about. We were singing in Dinka at one of the early meetings of the United Sudanese Fellowship.

After the song Pamela came and sat on my knee. She spent ten minutes or so playing with my hands, intrigued by my white skin, then fell asleep.

In the Psalms we are encouraged to sing a new song to the Lord. And researchers have brought attention to the number of new movements of God's Spirit that have birthed a new wave of songs. New spiritual experiences being expressed in new music.

Lets sing a new song.

2 comments:

benny said...

Hi Steve,
Enjoying checking out what's happening.
Thinking of you guys on your travels,
Cheers
Benny & Nat

Steve Blacket said...

Thanks guys. Your support means a lot to me. Love and best wishes to you and the family.