Thursday 28 August 2008

The last blog of my trip...

It has been an amazing trip, but I guess I always knew I would have to come home someday! I left on the first day of what people have told me has been Adelaide's coldest winter, and will be back to enjoy (???) the last two days. I dont expect too much sympathy when I tell people about enduring 37 degree heat, jelly-fish stings, and sunburn. Sigh...

So for my last blog from overseas, here are a few photos...


This day started hot, humid and dusty. Then it rained! The compound flooded, then it soaked away in an hour or so. Then it rained and flooded again, even more then the first time.


Achai, one of the gorgeous Aweil children who won my heart.


Joseph at the Aweil markets


Our farewell from our home in Aweil. Joseph and I with mother Adut and sister Achol


Aweil airport, complete with luggage area, cafe, reception, baggage inspection, customs - and grazing area for goats. Joseph and Adut are seated to the right with our friend Majok.

2 comments:

Kadina CofC said...

Just a quick note of encouragement. We are still following your progress and look forward to wonderful things to come
Graham

Anonymous said...

Hi Steve, Welcome home, looking forward to catching up.

Blessings

John